OGLC COMMITTEES, GROUPS, TEAMS, AND TASK FORCES 2021
Chairperson: Carmie Dambach (724.624.4243) Council Rep.: Don Stobe (412-596-3944)
Committee Members: Bill Smith, Tracy Collins, Don Stoebe, Jen Hessler, Brandon James
Ex-officio members: Charen Bennett (Treasurer); Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
SOCIAL MINISTRIES COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Vivian Leonberg (724.774.5967) Council Rep.: Katie Furbee (724.581.1050)
Committee Members: Lynn Goehring, Carol James, Pam Steeb, Gloria Yount, Katie Furbee
MUTUAL MINISTRIES COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Lois Smith (724.494.0678) Council Rep.: Gary Morgan (724-462-5309)
Committee Members: Patty Scheck, Tom Applequist, John Hoymann
MUSIC AND WORSHIP COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Charen Bennett (724.544.1723) Council Rep.: Ken Goehring (412.849.3896)
Committee Members: Ron Goehring, Diane Grunnagle, Patty Scheck, Ruth Goehring
Chairperson:: Christian Shafer (412.230.6314) Council Rep.: Ron Goehring (724.506.0425)
Committee Members: Ollie Dambach, Ed Grunnagle, Dustin Spencer, Christian Shaffer, Bill Bennett, Chris Furbee, Ron Goehring, Loni Vodenichar
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Barb Minzenberg (412.848.8498) Council Rep.: Kelly Baker (412-974-0126)
Committee Members: Lois Sprague, Wetauna Cypher, Gloria Yount, Roberta Schomburg Sunday School Teachers: Patty Scheck, Tracy Shaffer, Carol Saylor, Victoria Saylor, Kelly Baker, Beth Goehring, Barb Minzenberg, Katie Furbee
Chairperson: Karen Wappler (412.638.4807) Council Rep.: Kristin Clyde (724.622.2351)
Committee members: Tauna Perenovich, Ron Goehring, Cindi Durst
Chairpersons: Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203) Council Rep.: Kelly Applequist (724.462.1686)
Committee members: Lynn Goehring, Barb Stoebe, Ashley Spencer, Carol Saylor, Tauna Perenovich
Chairperson: Don Stoebe (412.596.3944) Council Rep.: Brandon James (724.843.5037)
Committee members: Zelda Smith Ex-officio member: Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
OTHER COMMITTEES, TEAMS, GROUPS, AND TASK FORCES
Overseers: Diane & Ed Grunnagle (724.584.0341)
Committee members: Dave & Sue Rape
WELCA (WOMEN OF THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN AMERICA)
OGLC WELCA Leadership President: Charen Peg Schweinsberg (724.622.7127) Vice-President: Gloria Yount
Secretary: Tracy Shaffer, Treasurer: Cindy Smeltzer , Christian Outreach Lynn Goehring, Program Coordinator: Vivian Leonberg
Members: The women of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
Chairpersons: Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203) and Carol James (724.843.5037)
Sacristans: Marcia Heymann, Sharon Hoyman, Carmie Dambach, Wetauna Cypher, Charen Bennett,
Pam Steeb, Vivian Leonberg, Lois Sprague
Chairperson: Tauna Perenovich (412.389.6709) Treasurer: Carmie Dambach
Members: The people of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
5K PLANNING TEAM
(made up of multiple area churches) OGLC Reps: Jen Hessler; Pr Nathaneil Christman
GOOD NEWS CLUB
Administrator: Wendy Kline (412.760.4444) Team members: Wetauna Cypher, Patty Scheck, Barb Minzenberg,
Denise Criswell, Pr Nathaneil Christman, Pr. Chuck Hortsman (Burrys)
Chairpersons: Jenny Fessler (412.977.4277) OGLC Rep: ? Administrator: Sue Rape (email@example.com) Treasurer: Carmie Dambach Members: Administrator: Helen Meeder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All peoples that have a garden in the Community Garden at OGLC
AUDIO/VIDEO: Ken Goehring & Tauna Perenovich
OGLC ELECTRONIC MEDIA
WEBSITE:Ron Goehring (email@example.com)
FACEBOOK: Rodney & Tauna Perenovich, Ron Goehring, Pr Nathaneil Christman
Christmas Season Children's Pageant
Children's Pageant Christmas 2017.
Oak Grove Youth Group
The Theses of the Oak Grove
October 31, 2011. We don't have an active youth group. We want one! We'd like fun, group activities that we can invite our friends to.
2. We would like the interest and support of our congregation in having a Youth Group (including asking us about what we're doing, participating as able & with resources).
3. We would like a greater variety of worship opportunities and experiences, like outdoor worship, midnight mass and vigils at times like Christmas and Easter campfires, etc.
4. We'd like more instruments in worship like during the opening and closing, offering, and communion. We also really miss the choir. (like the Acorn Choir sang or kids played their instruments on special days)
5. We would really like to see our community at church doing fun things together, like going to bonfires, Halloween parties or other fun stuff.
6. The people need to feel more welcome like they belong at our church. Why not Greeters at all the entrances? We'd be happy to help!
7. The internet in important to us for communications and information sharing. We'd like to update our page and include a special Youth Page and face book Fan Page.
8. We have a vision for Oak Grove that we want to share. We'd like an active Sunday School, Youth Group, and Activities because wed like a place we can see (and then actually) bring our children and grandchildren to.
The crew helping to pick up litter on Powell Road in Cranberry Township. The congregation cleans the road twice a year as part of the Oak Grove congregation's continuing service to the life of our community! During the recent cleanup day on October 2017 the crew collected over 10 bags of garbage on Powell Road.
Property committee April 2016