OGLC Committees and Teams 2019
Chairperson: Carmie Dambach (724.624.4243) Council Rep.: Tracy Collins (724.601.3978)
Committee Members: Kathy Westerman, Bill Smith, Tracy Collins, Don Stoebe, Jen Hessler
Ex-officio members: Charen Bennett (Treasurer); Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
SOCIAL MINISTRIES COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Vivian Leonberg (724.774.5967) Council Rep.: Katie Furbee (724.581.1050)
Committee Members: Lynn Goehring, Carol James, Pam Steeb, Gloria Yount, Katie Furbee
MUTUAL MINISTRIES COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Lois Smith (724.494.0678) Council Rep.: Zelda Smith (724.622.6316)
Committee Members: Patty Scheck, Tom Applequist, John Hoymann
MUSIC AND WORSHIP COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Ruth Goehring (724.847.7995) Council Rep.: Ken Goehring (412.849.3896)
Committee Members: Ron Goehring, Diane Grunnagle, Patty Scheck, Charen Bennett
Chairperson: Bill Bennett (724.584.2422) Council Rep.: Bill Smith (724.494.0677)
Committee Members: Dan Yount, Ed Grunnagle, Ollie Dambach
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Barb Minzenberg (412.848.8498) Council Rep.: Tracy Shaffer (412.230.6314)
Committee Members: Lois Sprague, Wetauna Cypher, Gloria Yount, Tricia Christman, Carol Saylor, Patty Scheck, Roberta Schomburg, Tracy Shaffer
Chairperson: Karen Wappler (412.638.4807) Council Rep.: Kristin Clyde (724.622.2351)
Committee members: Tauna Perenovich, Ron Goehring
Chairpersons: Barb Stoebe (412.613.1450) & Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203) Council Rep.: Carol Saylor (412.818.0742)
Committee members: Ruth Goehring, Lynn Goehring, Barb Stoebe, Ashley Spencer, Judith Miller
Chairperson: Tricia Christman (651.328.0852) Council Rep.: Don Stoebe (412.596.3944)
Committee members: Carol James, Brandon James
Ex-officio member: Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
OTHER COMMITTEES, TEAMS, GROUPS, AND TASK FORCES
Overseers: Diane & Ed Grunnagle (724.584.0341) Council Rep.: Zelda Smith (724.622.6316)
Committee members: Dave & Sue Rape
WELCA (WOMEN OF THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN AMERICA) OGLC
WELCA Leadership President: Charen Bennett (724.544.1723) Vice-President: Patty Scheck
Secretary: Tracy Shaffer Treasurer: Cindy Smeltzer
Members: The women of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
Chairpersons: Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203) and Carol James (724.843.5037)
Sacristans: Marcia Heymann, Sharon Hoyman, Carmie Dambach, Wetauna Cypher,
Charen Bennett, Pam Steeb, Vivian Leonberg, Lois Sprague
G.R.O.V.E. TEAM Chairperson: Bill Smith Team
Members: Change each year
Chairperson: Tauna Perenovich (412.389.6709) Treasurer: Carmie Dambach
Members: The people of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
RAISING FAITHFUL CHILDREN
Team members: Barb Minzenberg, Roberta Schomburg, Tricia Christman, Katie Furbee
5K PLANNING TEAM (made up of multiple area churches)
OGLC Reps: Jen Hessler; Pr Nathaneil Christman
GOOD NEWS CLUB
Administrator: Pr Nathaneil Christman (651.328.1072)
Teachers: Wetauna Cypher, Patty Scheck, Barb Minzenberg, and representatives from area churches.
Chairpersons: Christian Shaffer (724.506.0027) & Mark Scrobacz (724.316.2101)
OGLC Rep: ? Administrator: Sue Rape (firstname.lastname@example.org) Treasurers: Carmie Dambach &
Members: All peoples that have a garden in the Community Garden at OGLC
Ron Goehring (email@example.com)
Rodney & Tauna Perenovich, Ron Goehring, Pr Nathaneil Christman
Christmas Season Children's Pageant
Children's Pageant Christmas 2017.
Oak Grove Youth Group
The Theses of the Oak Grove
October 31, 2011. We don't have an active youth group. We want one! We'd like fun, group activities that we can invite our friends to.
2. We would like the interest and support of our congregation in having a Youth Group (including asking us about what we're doing, participating as able & with resources).
3. We would like a greater variety of worship opportunities and experiences, like outdoor worship, midnight mass and vigils at times like Christmas and Easter campfires, etc.
4. We'd like more instruments in worship like during the opening and closing, offering, and communion. We also really miss the choir. (like the Acorn Choir sang or kids played their instruments on special days)
5. We would really like to see our community at church doing fun things together, like going to bonfires, Halloween parties or other fun stuff.
6. The people need to feel more welcome like they belong at our church. Why not Greeters at all the entrances? We'd be happy to help!
7. The internet in important to us for communications and information sharing. We'd like to update our page and include a special Youth Page and face book Fan Page.
8. We have a vision for Oak Grove that we want to share. We'd like an active Sunday School, Youth Group, and Activities because wed like a place we can see (and then actually) bring our children and grandchildren to.
The crew helping to pick up litter on Powell Road in Cranberry Township. The congregation cleans the road twice a year as part of the Oak Grove congregation's continuing service to the life of our community! During the recent cleanup day on October 2017 the crew collected over 10 bags of garbage on Powell Road.
Property committee April 2016