Christian Ed Committee Fall 2017
Vacation Bible School (June 2017)
OGLC Committees and Teams
: Carmie Dambach (724.624.4243)
.: Bill Smith (724.494.0677) & Don Stoebe (412.596..3944)
: Kathy Westerman, Marcia Heymann, Bill Smith, Tracy Collins
Brandon James (Treasurer); Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
Social Ministries committee:
Vivian Leonberg (724.774.5967)
Tracy Shaffer (412.230.6314)
Lynn Goehring, Carol James, Pam Steeb, Gloria Yount, Katie Furbee
Mutual Ministries Committee:
: Lois Smith (724.494.0678)
.: Ollie Dambach (724.624.1461)
: Patty Scheck, Charen Bennett, Tom Applequist, John Hoymann
Music and Worship Committee:
Patty Scheck (724.624.1209)
Ruth Goehring (724.847.7995)
Charen Bennett, Ron Goehring, Daine Grunnagle, Pr. Dave Saylor
: Bill Bennett (724.584.2422)
.: Tom Applequist (724.462.3988)
: Dan Yount, Ed. Grunnagle
Christian Education Committee:
Barb Minzenburg (412.848.8429)
: Becca Schomburg, Lois Sprague, Wetauna Cypher, Gloria Yount, Tricia Chrsitman, Carol Saylor, Patty Scheck, Roberta Schomburg, Tracy Shafffer
Karen Wappler (412.638.4807)
Tauna Perenovich, Ron Goehring Michele Kaczmarczyk
No one currently
No one currently
Other Committees, Teams, and Task Forces
Diane & Ed Grunnagle (724.584.0341)
Zelda Smith (724.622.6316)
Dave & Sue Rape
(Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America)OGLC WELCA Leadership
President: Carol James (724.843.5037)
Vice-President: Charen Bennett
Secretary: Vivian Leonberg
Treasurer: Cindy Smeltzer
The women of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
: Carol James (724.843.5037) and Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203)
: Marcia Heymann, Sharon Hoyman, Carmie Dambach, Wetauna Cypher, Charen Bennett, Bob Wiley, Pam Steeb
Tauna Perenovich (412.389.6709)
The people of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
Barb Minzenberg, Roberta Schomburg, Tricia Christman, Katie Furbee
Ron Goehring (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rodney & Tauna Perenovich
Christmas Season Children's Sermon
Children's Sermon Christmas 2013.
Oak Grove Youth Group
The Theses of the Oak Grove
October 31, 2011. We don't have an active youth group. We want one! We'd like fun, group activities that we can invite our friends to.
2. We would like the interest and support of our congregation in having a Youth Group (including asking us about what we're doing, participating as able & with resources).
3. We would like a greater variety of worship opportunities and experiences, like outdoor worship, midnight mass and vigils at times like Christmas and Easter campfires, etc.
4. We'd like more instruments in worship like during the opening and closing, offering, and communion. We also really miss the choir. (like the Acorn Choir sang or kids played their instruments on special days)
5. We would really like to see our community at church doing fun things together, like going to bonfires, Halloween parties or other fun stuff.
6. The people need to feel more welcome like they belong at our church. Why not Greeters at all the entrances? We'd be happy to help!
7. The internet in important to us for communications and information sharing. We'd like to update our page and include a special Youth Page and face book Fan Page.
8. We have a vision for Oak Grove that we want to share. We'd like an active Sunday School, Youth Group, and Activities because wed like a place we can see (and then actually) bring our children and grandchildren to.
The crew helping to pick up litter on Powell Road in Cranberry Township. The congregation cleans the road twice a year as part of the Oak Grove congregation's continuing service to the life of our community! During the recent cleanup day on October 2015 the crew collected over 10 bags of garbage on Powell Road.