OGLC COMMITTEES, GROUPS, TEAMS, AND TASK FORCES 2022
Chairperson: Carmie Dambach (724.624.4243) Council Rep: Don Stoebe (412.596.3944)
Committee Members: Bill Smith, Tracy Collins, Don Stoebe, Jen Hessler, Brandon James
Ex-officio members: Charen Bennett (Treasurer); Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
SOCIAL MINISTRIES COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Vivian Leonberg (724.774.5967) Council Rep: Monica Grunnagle (724.622.9724)
Committee Members: Lynn Goehring, Carol James, Pam Steeb, Gloria Yount, Katie Furbee
MUTUAL MINISTRIES COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Tom Applequist (724.462.3988) Council Rep: Gary Morgan (724-462-5309)
Committee Members: Patty Scheck, John Hoymann, Lois Smith
MUSIC AND WORSHIP COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Charen Bennett (724.544.1723) Council Rep: Patty Scheck (724.624.1209)
Committee Members: Ron Goehring,Diane Grunnagle, Patty Scheck, Ruth Goehring
Chairperson: Christian Shaffer (724.506.0027) Council Rep: Ron Goehring (724.452.4203) Committee Members: Ollie Dambach, Ed Grunnagle, Dustin Spencer, Bill Bennett, Chris Furbee, Ron Goehring, Loni Vodenichar
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Katie Furbee (724.581.1050) Council Rep: Kelly Baker (412-974-0126) Committee Members:
Wetauna Cypher, Gloria Yount, Roberta Schomburg, Tracy Shaffer, Carol Saylor, Beth Goehring, Barb Minzenberg
Chairperson: Karen Wappler (412.638.4807) Council Rep: Jenny Fessler (412.977.4277)
Committee members: Tauna Perenovich, Ron Goehring
Chairpersons: Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203) Council Rep: Kelly Applequist (724.462.1686)
Committee members: Lynn Goehring, Barb Stoebe, Ashley Spencer, Carol Saylor, Ruth Goehring, Tauna Perenovich
Chairperson: Vacant Council Rep: Brandon James (724.843.5037) Committee members: Zelda Smith
Ex-officio member: Ron Goehring (Finance Secretary)
OTHER COMMITTEES, TEAMS, GROUPS, AND TASK FORCES
Overseers: Diane & Ed Grunnagle (724.584.0341)
Committee members: Dave & Sue Rape
WELCA (WOMEN OF THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN AMERICA)
OGLC WELCA Leadership President: Gloria Yount (724.843.1915) Vice-President: Pat Scheck
Secretary: Vivian Leonberg, Treasurer: Cindy Smeltzer , Christian Outreach Lynn Goehring, Program Coordinator:
Jenny Fessler Members: The women of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
Chairpersons: Lynn Goehring (724.452.4203) and Carol James (724.843.5037) Sacristans: Marcia Heymann,
Sharon Hoyman, Carmie Dambach, Wetauna Cypher, Charen Bennett, Pam Steeb, Vivian Leonberg, Lois Sprague
Chairperson: Tauna Perenovich (412.389.6709) Treasurer: Carmie Dambach Members: The people of Oak Grove Lutheran Church
5K PLANNING TEAM (made up of multiple area churches)
OGLC Reps: Jen Hessler; Pr Nathaneil Christman
GOOD NEWS CLUB
Administrator: Wendy Kline (412.760.4444)
Chairpersons: Jenny Fessler (412.977.4277) OGLC Rep: ? Administrator: Helen Meeder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Carmie Dambach Members: All peoples that have a garden in the Community Garden at OGLC
Ron Goehring (email@example.com)
AUDIO/VIDEO (PROPERTY SUBCOMMITTEE):
Ken Goehring; Tauna Perenovich; Janice Hansen
FACEBOOK PAGE ADMINISTRATORS:
Rodney & Tauna Perenovich; Ron Goehring; Pr Nathaneil Christman
OAK GROVE CONNECT ADMINISTRATORS (FACEBOOK GROUP):
Ken & Beth Goehring; Pr. Nathaneil Christma
Christmas Season Children's Pageant
Children's Pageant Christmas 2017.
Oak Grove Youth Group
The Theses of the Oak Grove
October 31, 2011. We don't have an active youth group. We want one! We'd like fun, group activities that we can invite our friends to.
2. We would like the interest and support of our congregation in having a Youth Group (including asking us about what we're doing, participating as able & with resources).
3. We would like a greater variety of worship opportunities and experiences, like outdoor worship, midnight mass and vigils at times like Christmas and Easter campfires, etc.
4. We'd like more instruments in worship like during the opening and closing, offering, and communion. We also really miss the choir. (like the Acorn Choir sang or kids played their instruments on special days)
5. We would really like to see our community at church doing fun things together, like going to bonfires, Halloween parties or other fun stuff.
6. The people need to feel more welcome like they belong at our church. Why not Greeters at all the entrances? We'd be happy to help!
7. The internet in important to us for communications and information sharing. We'd like to update our page and include a special Youth Page and face book Fan Page.
8. We have a vision for Oak Grove that we want to share. We'd like an active Sunday School, Youth Group, and Activities because wed like a place we can see (and then actually) bring our children and grandchildren to.
The crew helping to pick up litter on Powell Road in Cranberry Township. The congregation cleans the road twice a year as part of the Oak Grove congregation's continuing service to the life of our community! During the recent cleanup day on October 2017 the crew collected over 10 bags of garbage on Powell Road.
Property committee April 2016